Tổng tiền thanh toán:
"What you believe affects what you achieve" - recommended by Mr. Bill Gates
“Growth mindset” seems to be quickly taking the lead in the race to become the educational catchphrase of the year. It isn’t difficult to see why. The idea that a person’s intelligence and ability are not fixed traits assigned at birth, but rather are changeable attributes, is somewhat revolutionary. Educators everywhere are gravitating toward this research, hungry for scientific backing to what they’ve been telling their students for years. As author Carol Dweck writes, “The view you adopt for yourself profoundly affects the way you lead your life.” “Mindset: The New Psychology of Success” is Dweck’s latest attempt to help people see and accept this idea, as well as to begin to address how someone can begin to develop a growth mindset for themselves or encourage it in others.
“Mindset” makes the argument that having a fixed mindset makes overcoming obstacles, any obstacles, far more challenging than approaching those same challenges with a growth mindset. Dweck does an excellent job of making this case. Written in a conversational rather than academic tone, it is a text that would be a thought-provoking read for anyone, educator or otherwise. The beginning of the book does a great job of giving someone with little or no background in this concept a sufficient understanding to progress with ease. For those who come to the book familiar with the idea, Dweck manages not to bore or sound repetitive by providing examples outside the academic world and in-depth discussion of why growth mindset should matter to everyone.
Các tin khác
- Sách Ngoại Văn - BOA Bookstore 01/06/2019
- BOA Bookstore (Vietnam) shortlisted for LBF International Excellence Awards 26/03/2019
- Văn hoá đọc sách tại TP. Hồ Chí Minh 28/02/2018
- Fostering A Culture Of Reading In Saigon Today By Lilly Pugh 28/02/2018
- 12 cool indie bookstores in Asia every bibliophile should visit 28/02/2018
- Saigoneer’s Picks: 10 Places to Buy Artsy Gifts in Vietnam 26/02/2018
- English language books in Ho Chi Minh City 23/02/2018